Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Queensbury Traffic Violation Lawyer

Fight Your Queensbury Ticket & Save Money

Many drivers are surprised to be pulled over on I-87 and have a traffic violation ticket returnable to the Queensbury Town Court.  If you were unfortunate to be given an expensive speeding ticket or moving violation, give our New York State traffic attorneys a call today to learn how we can help you save time, money, and points on your license.

We Can Help!   Our traffic ticket law firm has over 30 years of legal experience.  We are led by a former New York City prosecutor with the unique skills to help you obtain the best possible outcome on your particular case.  We have excelled at getting tickets either dismissed or reduced.  Give us a call today and ask for your free confidential telephone consultation.  We can be reached at 800-893-9645.

About The Court:  Queensbury Town Court is located at 81 Glenwood Avenue in Queensbury, New York. Its postal zip code is 12804.  It is located within Warren County.  The Court maintains local jurisdiction over legal matters.  It has limited subject matter jurisdiction.  For the most part, this court will preside over small claims cases, misdemeanor crimes, and traffic tickets.

Who has the power to issue a ticket returnable to Queensbury Justice Court?

Many police share jurisdiction in Queensbury.  The majority of speeding tickets issued in Interstate I-87 are written by the New York State Police.  However, tickets returnable to this court can also be issued by County Police, MTA Police, Park Police and more.

What would happen if a driver fills in Section A on the ticket and enters a plea of guilty?

A plea of guilty to the charge is the equivalent to a conviction after trial.  If you are convicted, not only will you be liable to a penalty, but in addition, your license to drive a motor vehicle or motorcycle, and your certificate of registration can be subject to a suspension and revocation.

How can a driver plead guilty by mail?

If you would like to plead guilty to the non-misdemeanor traffic ticket, you should place an “x” through Section B and complete Section A of the ticket. Don’t forget to sign it.  You mail the ticket back to the court with some form of return receipt requested.

Can the court reject a plea of guilty by mail?

Yes.  It is up to the judge to accept the plea. If the plea of guilty is rejected, a driver will be given a letter advising them of a future court date.

If you plead guilty, make sure you read Section A in its entirety.

In part, Section A reads, “I acknowledge receipt of the warning printed in bold type on the other side of this ticket and I waive arraignment in open court and the aid of an Attorney.  I plead GUILTY to the offense as charged and request that this charge be disposed of and a fine or penalty fixed by the court.”

By signing this statement it may be very difficult for a driver to undo their guilty plea.  In some instances, a driver will plead guilty and then wish to undo their plea several weeks later.  They may do this because they have discovered that the Department of Motor Vehicles has suspended their privilege to drive or their insurance company had raised their rates.  Signing Section A, the driver waives a significant portion of their rights and will find it difficult to undo their plea of guilty.

We Can Help. Call Us Today at 800-893-9645:
Here is a list of some common charges were have helped our client’s fight.

  • Speeding under VTL § 1180 (b)
  • Speeding under VTL § 1180 (d)
  • Cell Phone under VTL § 1225
  • Child Seatbelt under VTL § 1229
  • Failure to Move Over under VTL § 1144-A
  • Failure to Signal under VTL § 1163
  • Following Too Closely under VTL § 1129
  • Operating Without Insurance under VTL § 319
  • Red Light under VTL § 1111
  • Stop Sign Violation under VTL § 1172
  • Suspended License Operation under VTL § 511.1 (Misdemeanor)
  • Unsafe Lane Change under VTL § 1128