DON'T STRESS OUT OVER YOUR TICKET & SAVE MONEY
Why Fight A Speeding Ticket?
Did you know a conviction to a speeding ticket can cost you hundreds and perhaps thousands of dollars in fines, penalties, lost time, and insurance increases? In some extreme cases, a conviction can result in a jail sentence and a loss of one’s privilege to drive.
|First-time speeding offense||$45 to $600|
|One or more speeding tickets|
(within eighteen months)
|Up to $1,575|
|Disobey a Traffic Signal|
(no other penalty provided)
|Unregistered Vehicle or Trailer||$25-$200|
|Equipment Violations of Vehicle or Trailer||$0-$100|
|Surcharges||$ varies based on the charge and location|
How Many Points Can I Receive Until I Am Suspended?
There are many factors that can result in a driver losing their right to drive in New York. Perhaps the most common reason is a driver accumulating too many points. Once a driver is convicted of 11 points within an 18-month period, the DMV has the right to suspend the motorist privilege to drive.
01 to 10 mph over the limit
11 to 20 mph over the limit
21 to 30 mph over the limit
31 to 40 mph over the limit
More than 40 mph over the limit
We Can Help!
Our traffic ticket law firm has over 30 years of legal experience. We are led by a former New York City prosecutor with the unique skills to help you obtain the best possible outcome on your particular case. We have excelled at getting tickets either dismissed or reduced. Give us a call today and ask for your free confidential telephone consultation. We can be reached at 800-893-9645.
- Speeding under VTL § 1180 (b)
- Speeding under VTL § 1180 (d)
- Cell Phone under VTL § 1225
- Child Seatbelt under VTL § 1229
- Failure to Move Over under VTL § 1144-A
- Failure to Signal under VTL § 1163
- Following Too Closely under VTL § 1129
- Operating Without Insurance under VTL § 319
- Red Light under VTL § 1111
- Stop Sign Violation under VTL § 1172
- Suspended License Operation under VTL § 511.1 (Misdemeanor)
- Unsafe Lane Change under VTL § 1128