Tuesday, February 10, 2015


Fight Your Airmont Ticket and Save Money

Introduction To Airmont
Airmont Courtroom

Airmont is a municipal village located within Rockland County New York.  It’s court is located adjacent to Village Hall at 321 Route 59, Airmont, NY 10982.  It is a short distance from the Ramapo Town Court and is sometimes confused by litigants.

How do I handle a traffic summons?

When a driver is issued a speeding ticket from a New York State Trooper, they have 48 hours to file an Answer by mail. 

When a driver fails to file a timely Answer, their prvilege to drive can be suspended by the Department of Motor Vehicles.

How is an Answer filed?

An Answer can be filed by following the instructions on the ticket.  We recommend that a driver check off box B and enter a plea of not guilty.  The plea or Answer can be filed in person or by mail.  If it is filed by mail, we further recommend that it is done by some form of return receipt requested.

If I want to file the Answer in person, where do I go?

The Answer is filed with the court. 

What happens after the ticket is Answered?

If a driver enters a plea of not guilty, they will receive a letter in the mail advising them to appear in court for a Pre-Trial Conference.  Conversely, if a driver enters a plea of guilty, they will receive a fine letter with the amount to pay. 

I cannot make the pre-trial conference, what should I do?

If a driver hires our law firm on a standard moving violation (speeding ticket, stop sign violation, et.), they will not be required to appear in court.  Our clients will execute a waiver and authorization which gives us the power to appear in court without them being present.

If a driver is appear pro-se, they can  requests for adjournment with the clerk of the court.  It is the courts preference that a request to adjourn be made in writing and made at least seven days prior to the court date.  Note, an adjournment is a courtesy granted by the court.  A request to adjourn can be denied.

I failed to Answer my ticket and I received a notice of suspension from the Department of Motor Vehicles. What can I do to prevent the suspension?

When a driver fails to Answer, the DMV usually sends a warning letter.  It will have a date in which the driver will need to file an Answer or their privilege to drive will be suspended.

My privilege to drive has been suspended for failure to Answer, how do I get my license back?
A view of the entrance into Airmont Village Court

A driver can get their license un-suspended by calling the court and paying the appropiate fees.  The suspension lift fee is $70.00 per ticket.  Sometimes, the court may require a driver to pay a bail on top of the suspension lift fee. 

Once case is resolved, do I get my bail back?

Yes.  Bail is used to secure a driver’s appearance in court.  Most drivers will use their bail to help pay any fines at the end of the case.

About Our Firm:  We have over 30 years of legal experience and we have helped thousands of drivers save time, money, and points on their license.  Our ticket defense practice is led by a former prosecutor with the knowledge and skill to quickly assess the strength and weaknesses of the prosecutions case.  Thereby, giving you the best possible defense.

If you are charged with a ticket in Montebello Village Court, give our law firm a call today at 800-893-9645.

We Can Help. Call Us Today at 800-893-9645:  Here is a list of some common charges were have helped our client’s fight.
  • Speeding under VTL § 1180 (b)
  • Speeding under VTL § 1180 (d)
  • Cell Phone under VTL § 1225
  • Child Seatbelt under VTL § 1229
  • Failure to Move Over under VTL § 1144-A
  • Failure to Signal under VTL § 1163
  • Following Too Closely under VTL § 1129
  • Operating Without Insurance under VTL § 319
  • Red Light under VTL § 1111
  • Stop Sign Violation under VTL § 1172
  • Suspended License Operation under VTL § 511.1 (Misdemeanor)
  • Unsafe Lane Change under VTL § 1128