Fighting a Florida Town Speeding Ticket
There are two municipalities in New York named Florida. One is a village located in Orange County and the other is a Town located in Montgomery County. We have successfully represented drivers in both courts.
If you are reading this blog, there is a good chance that you were issued an expensive speeding ticket along the New York State Thruway and it is returnable to Florida Town Court.
Everyone knows that pleading guilty can be an expensive proposition. There is the potential of fines, surcharges, DMV fees, insurance increases, and time wasted in court.
Don't plead guilty. Give our lawyers a call to learn how we can help you.
We Can Help
Our traffic ticket lawyers have over 30 years of legal experience and we have successfully defended thousands of tickets in New York State. Trust your speeding ticket or moving violation to the law firm with the skill and experience necessary to fight your ticket.
Our law firm is lead by a former New York City prosecutor. We have been recognized as some of the best attorneys in New York. Our experience has given us the unique ability to quickly analyze a case from both the defense and prosecution perspective.
Here is a list of some of the most common tickets we have fought:
- Speeding under VTL § 1180 (b)
- Speeding under VTL § 1180 (d)
- Cell Phone under VTL § 1225
- Child Seatbelt under VTL § 1229
- Failure to Move Over under VTL § 1144-A
- Failure to Signal under VTL § 1163
- Following Too Closely under VTL § 1129
- Operating Without Insurance under VTL § 319 (1)
- Operating with a suspended registration under VTL § 512 (Misdemeanor)
- Red Light under VTL § 1111
- Stop Sign Violation under VTL § 1172
- Suspended License Operation under VTL § 511.1 (Misdemeanor)
- Unsafe Lane Change under VTL § 1128
Florida Town Court Information
How Many Points Am I Facing?
A conviction to a speeding ticket will result in points against a driver’s license. Depending upon the driver’s speed, the points can vary between three and eleven points.
This chart will quickly help you determine the number of points you are facing.
01 to 10 mph over the limit
11 to 20
21 to 30
31 to 40
More than 40
Fight Your Ticket and Save Money
Give us a call today to learn how we can help you save time, money, and points on your license. We can be reached at 800-893-9645.