Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Official Guide to Dickinson Town Traffic Ticket Defense

The Hassle of a Speeding Violation

Let us help you save!
Call now at 800-893-9645.
One of the most common traffic violations is a speeding violation. A driver can very easily lose sight of the speedometer while driving on a highway due to the many open stretches of road. Especially in the Town of Dickinson which is served by Interstates 81, 88 and US  Route 11. 

Further complicating things is the changing topography; often before the driver can adjust their speed, he/she is faced with a costly speeding ticket. 

Getting a speeding ticket may seem overwhelming, but it isn't the end of the world. Especially if you have Villanueva and Sanchala represent you. We can help you reduce your fines, penalties, points on your license and your insurance increases. We can guide you through your legal situation in the easiest way possible. Call us now at 800-893-9645. 


After you have been issued with a speeding violation, you must answer your ticket. In order to do this you have to plead either guilty or not guilty. If you plead not guilty, you will be given a court date where you will have to appear in court and will be given the opportunity to present your case's strengths. If you plead guilty, the court will send you a fine notice. It is important that you pay your fines before the due date. If you do not pay your fine in the allotted time, your license can get suspended. 

About the Court 

Dickinson Justice Court office hours are Monday - Friday 9:00 am to 4:00 pm. If you have any questions, please direct them towards the court clerk. The court clerk can assist you in any day-to-day questions.

What to Bring: On your court date, it is important that you bring your court notice and your driving record. The court notice can help court personnel direct you to where you need to go; and the driving record, if you have a clean one, can help quickly mitigate your situation. 

Suspension: Please be advised that it is a crime to drive with a suspended license. If you are pulled over while possessing a suspended license the officer can arrest you and impound your car. 

Junior License: If you are in possession of a junior license and are issued a speeding violation, you may have to appear in court regardless of your plea. New York State has strict guidelines for young drivers, and therefore you must handle this case in a very careful manner. 

Ticket Information

New York State police officers use a Uniform Traffic Ticket, also known as a "UTT". The UTT can provide you with a lot of useful information. Such as how to enter your plea and what you were charged with. 

Other important information that is found on your UTT is your speed (if applicable), the officer's name, date and place of occurrence, your vehicle information, what court your ticket is returnable to, and much more. 

You technically have 48 hours after your ticket has been issued to send in your plea. This can be done in person or by mail; please refer to your ticket for further information and details. 

About Our Firm

We have 30+ years of experience in all of New York State. We have continuously helped our clients save money, time, points, and insurance increases. As such we are reputed as some of the best lawyers in New York. If you would like us to represent you on your legal matter, give us a call today at 800-893-9645.