Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Keeseville Traffic Lawyer


Traffic tickets are no laughing matter.  No one wants to receive a speeding ticket or cell phone violation.  Not only are they annoying, but they are also costly.  

Did you know a conviction to a speeding ticket at 86/55 mph zone could cost you almost $700.00 in fines payable to the court, $450.00 in penalty fees payable to DMV, as well as hundreds more in insurance increases!

Furthermore, if you want to fight your ticket, you will probably waste one day traveling to court and waiting in court.

Luckily, there is a better way to save you money, time, and points on your license.  You can call our Keeseville speedingticket attorneys now at 800-893-9645 and learn how we can help.

Our lawyers have fought hundreds of tickets all over NYS.  We have consistently reduced our client’s exposure to fine, points, and insurance increases.  Let our former prosecutor and team of lawyers go to court for you and help you reach an amicable resolution on your ticket.


Keeseville Traffic Court
1790 Main Street,
Keeseville, NY 12944

Keeseville is a village court.  It has jurisdiction over misdemeanor cases, traffic cases, and some civil matters.  A typical civil matter would be a landlord tenant rent dispute or a zoning code violation.  A typical misdemeanor matter would be criminal possession of a controlled substance in the 7th degree.  A typical traffic matter would be speeding under VTL 1180(b) or VTL 1180(d).


I received a ticket from a State Trooper and I was given a trial date to appear in court. Will I have an opportunity to meet to plea bargain this case?

It all depends.  In general, according to VTL 1806, a driver is supposed to have a mandatory pre-trial conference. However, depending on the stage your case is in, you may have waived the pre-trial conference.

Do I have to testify at a traffic trial?

I local criminal court, you are innocent until proven guilty.  You are not required to testify at your trial.

At a speeding ticket trial, will have an opportunity to see the radar reading?

You can make a motion to view all available discovery. If the discovery is not provided, you can make the appropriate motion to sanction the prosecution.