Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Rye City Court Ticket Lawyer

Spotlight on Rye City Court Attorney
The attorneys at Villanueva & Sanchala, PLLC have been practicing law over 20 years.  Their offices are located 15 minutes from the Rye City Court and they have represented client in Rye on misdemeanors, felonies, municipal law, and speeding tickets.  We have excelled at having our client's charges either dismissed or reduced.  If you are in need of a lawyer in Rye, give our team of lawyers a call at 914-723-7900.

About Rye City Court:

Rye City Court is located on at 21 McCullough Place in Rye, NY 10580.  This court has jurisdiction over a myriad of cases.  A large portion of cases adjudicated in this court are traffic tickets and speeding tickets for motorist driving through I-95 and other local roads.  It frequently hears civil cases commonly referred to as small claims cases as well as landlord tenant cases and municipal code violations.  This court also jurisdiction over misdemeanor criminal cases as well as limited jurisdiction over felony matters. 

Rye City Court is conveniently located mere blocks away from the Metro North Train Station and major highways such as I-95 and I-287.  When driving to the court you must be careful not to park at the train station or you may be ticketed.  There is ample parking on Purchase Street and the surrounding area.

Questions and Answers

In my practice, I have been asked questions from some of my clients and I thought I’d share some of my advice with you.  These answers are not a substitute for a consultation with a lawyer. Each case is unique and you are recommended to call our office at 914-723-7900 to learn more.

Q.  I received a ticket for speeding 89 on a 55 on I-95 in Rye.   If I plead guilty, how many points am I facing on my driver’s license.

A.  You are facing an 8 point violation.

Q.  My family friend is a real estate lawyer.  Can’t any lawyer handle my ticket?

A.  While any attorney admitted to practice law in New York State can handle your traffic matter, it would be advantageous to retain a firm that concentrates on traffic tickets.  Just like your family friend is a "real estate attorney," our firm has attorneys dedicated to handling traffic matters.  Our firm is lead by a former prosecutor. 

Q.  I’m an out of state driver with a ticket in New York.  Will my home state give reciprocity to a conviction in New York?

A.  There is a good chance your home state will honor a conviction in New York.  Many states have opted into an interstate compact type agreement.  To be certain, you should consult our firm or an attorney in your home state.

If you would like to contact our office, call us now at 914-723-7900.

About Our Firm:  Our law firm has over 30 years of legal experience and we are led by a former prosecutor. We have been recognized as some of the finest lawyers in the State.

Join the thousands of drivers that have saved time, money and points on their license with our traffic ticket defense firm. Call our former prosecutor at 800-893-9645 and ask for a confidential consultation today.

We Can Help. Call Us Today at 800-893-9645:  Here is a list of some common charges were have helped our client’s fight.
  • Speeding under VTL § 1180 (b)
  • Speeding under VTL § 1180 (d)
  • Cell Phone under VTL § 1225
  • Child Seatbelt under VTL § 1229
  • Failure to Move Over under VTL § 1144-A
  • Failure to Signal under VTL § 1163
  • Following Too Closely under VTL § 1129
  • Operating Without Insurance under VTL § 319
  • Red Light under VTL § 1111
  • Stop Sign Violation under VTL § 1172
  • Suspended License Operation under VTL § 511.1 (Misdemeanor)
  • Unsafe Lane Change under VTL § 1128